Saturday, November 21, 2009

Teaching an old dog new tricks

I've been in the media business all of my life, working as a newspaper reporter, editor, designer, trash-can-emptier, online editor and more. You name it and I've done it.

As a member of the Fourth Estate felled during these times of dying newspapers, I am researching where we are going next. How will we as journalists find places to work in this strange new world? What skill sets do we need? What strange new words and phrases will enter our lexicon?

I'll let you know what I discover, and I encourage you to share with me your thoughts of how the thousands of experienced and honorable journalists out there right now can convert unemployment checks into paychecks.

3 comments:

  1. Ya gotta learn the Internet. Ya gotta learn about B2B and PPC. Ya gotta get out of the newsroom and into the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Port of Baltimore is about to hire on for construction jobs. You know, if you can work a pile-driver.

    ReplyDelete